主內平安！復活節快到了，我們應該永遠記念祂的恩典。沒有祂的舍己，我們就無法得救。 「你們得救是本乎恩，也因信，不是出於自己，乃是神所賜的。」以弗所書2: 2-8。
- a)在專業教育方面，我們有其他的擴展！去年除了幫助一些盲人學生尋求高等教育機會外，我們最近還幫助了另一位盲人研究生。她在北愛爾蘭的一所大學攻讀碩士學位，主修視障人士特別協助。我們有機會在4 月 15日我們到不列顛群島旅行期間，在貝爾法斯特見到她。由於她一個人在國外留學，希望這次的見面能給她一些鼓勵。
- b) 在神學教育方面，今年將有5名盲人學生從西南浸信會神學院完成碩士學位畢業。我們計劃邀請這 5 名學生中的 2 名參加畢業典禮。畢業典禮之後，我們計劃在一個美南浸信會教堂為他們安排按牧典禮。
今年年初，中國政府宣布從 3 月 1 日起對網絡實施更加嚴格的管控。因此，我們成立了一家名為 Life Light Ai Mang Culture （生命光愛茫文化）的公司。希望用它作為我們其他線上事工的遮蓋。能夠讓我們在中國的盲人同工們可以繼續運營和上傳節目到我們其他的線上事工頻道，這真是太棒了。希望在我們克服所有困難後，我們的網絡宣教事工會更加強大。
除了我們上面報告的內容之外，我們很高興讓您知道，目前生命光依然在不斷地壯大！我們事工的所有方面取得的成就幾乎都是按照計劃完成了。 Life Light會繼續致力於執行我們的事工目標和項目。願上帝保守並帶領我們前面的道路。請繼續支持並為我們禱告。謝謝大家！
Dear Life Light Friends,
Peace in the Lord! Easter is approaching and we should always remember His grace. Without his sacrifice we could not be saved. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2-8.
Due to the availability of vaccinations, despite the different variants of the virus, symptoms of illness and the death rate have dramatically declined, leading us toward a normal life again. It appears to be effectively under control in the United States. I hope we are seeing the light in a dark tunnel and I pray it will be over soon!
Time has passed quickly! Let me share with you what has been happening in our ministry in the last six months:
- Short-term missions:
Our church has canceled the possibility of having a summer short term mission program this year. We will see what we can do to accommodate this change. We know God always provides us with more than we ask for!
- Educational Ministry:
- a) In terms of professional education, we’ve had another expansion! In addition to helping some blind students seeking higher educational opportunities last year, we’ve recently assisted another blind graduate student. She enrolled at a college in Northern Ireland for her masters degree, majoring as a special assistant to the visually impaired. We will have the chance to meet her in Bellfast on April 15 during our trip to the British islands. Hopefully this meeting will bring her some encouragement since she is studying abroad alone.
- b)In terms of theological education, there will be 5 blind students finishing their masters degree programs at Southwest Baptist Theological Seminary this year. We are planning to invite two out of those 5 students to attend the graduation ceremony. After the ceremony we plan to arrange a pastoral ordination ceremony in one of the Southern Baptist churches.
- Online ministry:
In the beginning of this year, the Chinese government announced a more strict control over online operations, effective March 1. Therefore, we formed a company called, Life Light Ai Mong Culture. Our hope is to use it as a front to cover our other online ministry. It would be great to keep all our Chinese blind co-workers who can continue operating and uploading programs onto our other online ministry channels.Hopefully,this will result in our online mission growing even stronger after we overcome all difficulties.
- The music evangelistic ministry in Taiwan is still stable, even after the temporary suspending of the program in May to July last year. Everything is back to normal again. We continue to praise and give glory to God!
Other than what we’ve reported above,we are happy to inform you that so far Life Light is still going strong! Almost all aspects of our ministry have had the same achievements as planned. Life Light is dedicated in continuing to carry out our ministry goals and projects.
May God bless and lead the way ahead of us. Please continue to support and pray for us. Thank you everyone!
Life Light Education Foundation